Today marks my 6th Blogiversary. Six years ago, on July 18th 2002 BSC, I registered my domain Kitta.net and started blogging. It’s hard to believe I’ve been blogging for so long and received nearly four million unique hits.
But this isn’t my first time I’ve blogged. Oh no.
Prior this blog I had a Teen Open Diary from 2000 to 2002. For those of you who know what that is, you’ll be cringing or laughing. For those of you that don’t know what it is, you’ll be trying to Google it and are probably better off not knowing. TOD closed down years ago and the domain is now home to spam links. I decided to track it down my TOD via the internet time machine.
At the time I was teenager, working as a model and studying design. The majority of my posts were about my experiences in the fashion industry, which would have be interesting if I applied proper spelling and didn’t complete every quiz I found. It featured poems from my boyfriend, pointless rants and forwarded email jokes. I posted riveting entries entitled “I wasn’t gonna write but…”, “I have so much to write…”, “…and make you moan the ABC’s in spanish”, “Some things have happened”, “My day was pretty good”, “10 cookies, a piece of pizza & some M&M’s”, “Boredness, hornyness & kittas gentlemans club”, “Always a bride, never actually married”, “Long time, no me typing crap into this diary…”, “Doggie style & Things that piss me off”, “Does this taste funny to you?” “Freedom of X-rated stuff” and “Gutter sluts and Lush.” I also provided some code advice for fellow TOD users, “Kitta’s guide to linking in TOD” was quite popular, while “Kitta’s guide to Html Basics in TOD” and “More of Kitta’s guide to html” provided great insight into HTML. Everyone was so amazed by “Kitta’s guide to posting a picture in TOD” and “Why your pictures wont show in your TOD” that I probably should have won a Nobel prize for my work.
Thankfully, none of those entries were indexed, neither was my terrible first attempt at a website on a free hosting site – we’re talking black and magenta with comic sans. Sexy.
I went through my Kitta.net archives today and picked a few of my favourite blog posts to mark the occasion…
- Paused – The one about my Grandmother
- Leet Wow Hacker – The one where I own a kid
- Stop Trolley Thief – The one where my trolley was stolen
- SuperShadow or SuperStupid? – The one where I owned SuperShadow
- Two Cops & Me In A Towel – The one with two cops and me in a towel
- My McDonalds Milkshake – The one with two girls and their milkshake theory
- One Boring Sunday – The one where we blew up the garage
- No Cookie For Me – The one with the Subway guy
- On Behalf Of Firefox – The one where I tried to sell Firefox to a telemarketer
- Emailing England – The one where my Mother tried to email England
- 2008, 2007 and 2005 prediction series – The ones where I predict the sarcastic future
Here’s to another year of blog posts about random moments of my life.