About The Author
Nikita (Kitta) is a 30-something-year-old girl who lives in Perth, Western Australia. She was born in Subiaco on August 2nd, 1984. Her heritage is Polish, Scottish and English. When she was born she had a full head of jet black hair and spent her first few years being obsessed with her hands. That was until she noticed her feet, whole new world there.
Kitta a self-confessed high heel worshipper and Doctor Who fangirl (lovingly naming her network dive Tardis and including ‘pool’ and ‘library’ directories) who experiences withdrawal symptoms when she doesn’t have a daily dose of gaming. Kitta is lactose intolerant and enjoys cooking and using the word ‘nomtastic’ to describe edible objects. Her favourite colours are black (#000000) and red (#FF0000) and she is a proud geek that would marry her Xbox if it was legal to do so. However, she still exhibits traditional girly traits, such as having an unhealthy obsession with makeup, shoes, nails and face masks. She is an avid Zombicinephile that suffers from Multiplebrowsertabitis. She also likes making up new words. Kitta currently works in the event industry and is completing a Bachelor of Commerce in Event Management. In her spare time, she enjoys travelling, volunteering, making jewellery and gaming. Previously she worked as a fashion model and web designer.
She has been blogging since 1999, and has been a WordPress user since version 0.72 and before that b2, and before that Greymatter, and before that Teen Open Diary. If you remember the above-mentioned blogging platforms you get a cyber cookie.
About The Little Red Monkey
The Little Red Monkey joined Kitta.net on the sidebar in early 2003, he swiftly climbed his way into prime position in the header image for a few years (with a sarcastic thought bubble above his head) before retiring back to the sidebar to live a more relaxed life. He currently hunts down spam comments and enjoys long walks on cyber beaches.
The text, content, posts, images and photographs contained within this website is published by Nikita Kashner and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Please contact me if you wish to use any text, content, posts, images or photographs. If you steal or borrow any of these items a very mad little red monkey will decapitate you.
Press & Mentions
- Australia’s Noisiest Bloggers Winter 2007 – Featured on State of the Australian Blogsosphere, Australia’s noisiest bloggers Winter 2007
- Biz Stone’s Blog – Booktags post re-published on Biz Stone’s blog
- Blogpond Top 200 Australian Blogs – Featured on Blogpond’s Top 200 Australian Blogs
- CSS Mania – Featured in the CSS Mania CSS repository
- Cupcake interview – Cupcakes Take The Cake interviewed me about my love of cupcakes.
- Cut & Paste DVD – Featured photos I shot at the The John Hughes Retrospective on their blog.
- Dig a Tech Girl – Voted as a hot tech girl.
- Dolly Magazine – Interviewed me on the topic of being a camgirl and blogging.
- Famous Why – Review of my blog
- iiNet Top Geek – I battled my way into the top ten in the iiNet Top Geek competition
- Mandurah Costal Times – Interviewed me about the iiNet Top Geek competition and being a geek
- Mcville – Interviewed by Marko his blog for Mcville.net
- Naked Cowboy – Fansign from the Naked Cowboy.
- News.com.au – Artice about Top Geek with a photo of myself and the other final contestants
- Perth Fashion Festival 2010 – Mentioned in day six highlights and covrage of PFF 2010.
- Self Portrait Day – Featured on Self Portrait Day
- Sexiest geek – The Cheese Grater featured me as a sexy geek in a blog post.
- SuperShadow – Various Star Wars websites and forums regarding my photos being stolen by SuperShadow (aka StupidShadow)
- The 2004 Bloggies – Nominated for ‘Best Designed Weblog’ in The 2004 Bloggies
- The 2005 Bloggies – Nominated for ‘Best Australian/NZ Weblog’ in The 2005 Bloggies
- The 2005 Cammies – Voted ‘Camgirl of the Year’ and ‘Best Australian Camsite’ in The 2005 Cammies
- The 2006 Australian Weblog Awards – Nominated for ‘Best Overall Australian Blog’, ‘Best West Australian Blog’, ‘Best Humourous Australian Blog’, ‘Best Designed Australian Blog’ and ‘Best Australian Personal Blog’ in The 2006 Australian Weblog Awards
- The 2007 Bloggies – Nominated for ‘Best Australia or New Zealand Blog’ in The 2007 Bloggies
- The 2007 Weblog Awards – Nominated for ‘Best Australia or New Zealand Blog’ in The 2007 Weblog Awards
- The Cheese Grater Geekette – The Cheese Grater featured me as one of their Geekettes.
- The Daily Knicker – Guest post and photo on Tiah Eckhardt’s lingerie blog.
- The Top 100 Australian Blogs – Listed on the The Top 100 Australian Blogs
- The Urban Dictionary – Added under ‘Kittalicious’
- The Urban Dictionary – Added under ‘Kittificent’
- The Urban Dictionary – Added under ‘Kittless’
- The Urban Dictionary – Added under ‘Kittsquisite’
- The Urban Dictionary – Added under ‘Kitta’
- Thinkgeek Monochrome Angel – Digital Angel action shot on Thinkgeek
- Top 100 Twitter User – Top Twitter user in Perth, Western Australia
- Tricks of The Trade – Featured in Tricks of The Trade, secrets from those in the know
- Unmatched Style – Featured in Unmatched Style’s CSS thumbnail repository
- Unnamed Girl – Photo Lulu took of my emoticon manicure on Cnet.
- W00t Pwnage – Kitta vs Felicia, round one.
- Well Designed Weblog – Lars Holst featured my design in his Well Designed Weblogs v2 post.
- Well Designed WordPress Blogs – Listed as one of Matt Mullenwegs well designed WordPress blogs
- Wired Sexiest Geeks 2007 – Nominated as one of the Wired’s Sexiest Geeks in 2007.
- Wired Sexiest Geeks 2008 – Nominated as one of the Wired’s Sexiest Geeks in 2007.
- WordPress Powered Sites in Bloggies – Featured on the WordPress development blog for being nominated in The 2004 Bloggies
- ZDNet – Artice about Top Geek with a photo of myself and the other final contestants
- Sydney Morning Herald – article about Kmart Air Fryer and Pie Maker