I'm Just Quirkyalone
I spent an hour or so looking around WordSpy.com today. WordSpy is a web site devoted to indexing new words and phrases that have appeared multiple times in newspapers, magazines, books, web sites, and other sources. Here are a few of my favourites…
- Wardrobe Malfunction – A problem with a part of one’s clothing or an error in fashion judgment. Made famous by Justin Timberlake after the boob incident at the super bowl.
- Movieoke – A form of entertainment in which a person acts out scenes from a movie while a silent version of the movie plays in the background.
- Heteroflexible – A heterosexual person who is open to relationships with people of the same sex.
- Bridezilla – A bride-to-be who, while planning her wedding, becomes exceptionally selfish, greedy, and obnoxious.
- Puppy Leave – Time taken off work to care for and bond with a new puppy.
- Stendhal’s Syndrome – Dizziness, panic, paranoia, or madness caused by viewing certain artistic or historical artifacts or by trying to see too many such artifacts in too short a time.
- Joy-To-Stuff Ratio – The time a person has to enjoy life versus the time a person spends accumulating material goods.
- Presidentialness – The physical and mental qualities that make a person appear to be suitable for the job of United States president.
- Quirkyalone – A person who enjoys being single and so prefers to wait for the right person to come along rather than dating indiscriminately.
I’m going to tell everyone I’m ‘Quirkyalone’ whenever they ask if I’m dating anyone from now on. It’ll be fun to watch them try to figure it out. 🙂 And I think that ‘Dooced’ should be added to the web site. What’s it mean? Well, when you lose your job due to your blog, you’ve been ‘Dooced’.
I a wordspy regular visitor.
One mof my favourites is this:
noun. The scrambled signal of a pornographic cable channel as seen by a nonsubscriber.
quickyalone, good word,,, brings back memorys lol
I was disinclined to agree with the existance of “QuirkyAlone” in the “English” language till I popped open my browser and pointed it at Urban Dictionary. Low and behold, there sat the definition. Worse, however, is I think it was coined by Oprah Winfrey. P.S. – new regular visitor, hi hi.
Isn’t america great…we can make up anything and it will be written in stone!
A design book’s title that I am planning to write is “Apple+S”
PC version will be titled “Ctrl+S”
A phrase used countless times in Design school…..3:30 in the morning before final presentation eyes propped open by tooth picks and right hand deformed from the mouse grip, and you have been working on it since the morning before…you had better Apple+S that piece!!
The second in the series of books is going to be “Apple+Z”
P.S. love the destop I as well am a big fan of David Lanham…others check him out at http://www.dlanham.com
http://quirkyalone.net/ you can test to see if you’re one of those.. but its just some chick pushing a book or something.. she was on some news channel or radio or something when i learned about it.
Being quirkyalone has its rewards.
That’s how it was for me before I met my soulmate.
I could classify myself as quirky alone, but I prefer to say financially independent! I’m sorry, but until it is the perfect person, there is no way.. I love my indiscriminate spending too much to allow someone else to budget for me! BWAHAHAHA… that’s what SB is for 😉
quircky enough ? 🙂
your layout is similar to http://www.bordercommunity.com/ but not as cool
Thanks for the site [AKA the new playground] and for the word – I’m not sure if too many of my friends are literate enough to buy it, but I’ll swing it. And I just wanted to name drop – my friend M.Bee from Supafine highly recommended you too.
How quirkyalone are you?
Your score was 109. Very quirkyalone:
Relatives may give you quizzical looks, and so may friends, but you know in your heart of hearts that you are following your inner voice. Though you may not be romancing a single person, you are romancing the world. Celebrate your freedom on National Quirkyalone Day, February 14th!
I think I count.
That desktop is awesome kitta.
The monkey strikes me as a flexasexual, but what I really want to know is ….. if it is quirkyalone too? – Wanting in Wordville
And if you’re quirkyalone and have found the right person?
Then you’re an unquirky-single…
Read my blog and you’ll understand why.
I guess I am heteroflexible. It’s nice to finally have a category. I guess. Hmm.