I'm Just Quirkyalone
I spent an hour or so looking around WordSpy.com today. WordSpy is a web site devoted to indexing new words and phrases that have appeared multiple times in newspapers, magazines, books, web sites, and other sources. Here are a few of my favourites…
- Wardrobe Malfunction – A problem with a part of one’s clothing or an error in fashion judgment. Made famous by Justin Timberlake after the boob incident at the super bowl.
- Movieoke – A form of entertainment in which a person acts out scenes from a movie while a silent version of the movie plays in the background.
- Heteroflexible – A heterosexual person who is open to relationships with people of the same sex.
- Bridezilla – A bride-to-be who, while planning her wedding, becomes exceptionally selfish, greedy, and obnoxious.
- Puppy Leave – Time taken off work to care for and bond with a new puppy.
- Stendhal’s Syndrome – Dizziness, panic, paranoia, or madness caused by viewing certain artistic or historical artifacts or by trying to see too many such artifacts in too short a time.
- Joy-To-Stuff Ratio – The time a person has to enjoy life versus the time a person spends accumulating material goods.
- Presidentialness – The physical and mental qualities that make a person appear to be suitable for the job of United States president.
- Quirkyalone – A person who enjoys being single and so prefers to wait for the right person to come along rather than dating indiscriminately.
I’m going to tell everyone I’m ‘Quirkyalone’ whenever they ask if I’m dating anyone from now on. It’ll be fun to watch them try to figure it out. 🙂 And I think that ‘Dooced’ should be added to the web site. What’s it mean? Well, when you lose your job due to your blog, you’ve been ‘Dooced’.