I picked up some blueberries while I was grocery shopping yesterday and decided to make some blueberry muffins today with them. I just kind of threw together some ingredients (hoping for the best) and made my own recipe on the spot and I thought I’d share the recipe with you all because they turned out really yummy.
- 1-1/4 cups of self-rasing flour sifted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter melted and cooled (I used a lactose free brand)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk (I used a lactose free milk)
- 100g of blue berries
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and grease a muffin large pan (it makes about 12 muffins). Combine flour and caster/brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, whisk butter, egg, milk and vanilla essence together in a jug. Add it and the blueberries to the flour/sugar mix and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon into the muffin pan and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until a fork inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean. Let them cool for a minute or two and sprinkle some icing sugar over them. Enjoy. 🙂